..AND INSIDE LOOKING OUT (for music related posts, please follow the link 'My Jukebox' listed under the blogs on this site) :)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Speaking of Garfield earlier takes me to the subject of animation movies....

Recently saw Wallace and Gromit.. a hilarious movie about a good natured but crazy scientist Wallace and his faithful companion Gromit, who actually is the sane voice in the movie, inspite of being silent! I was amazed to see that even animation movies these days have their moments of truly 'adult' humor. You have to watch the movie to know what I am talking about. I couldnt stop laughing at some of the scenes in the movie, particularly one involving Wallace and a cardboard box, and Lady Tottington and her prized melons! Funny stuff! :)

Humor, according to me, is God's gift to mankind..and man has revered happiness, so much so that ancient civilizations across the world have gods named after laughter and cheer. A brief search on the internet, and there's a mindboggling selection of gods named for laughter, cheer, happiness and prosperity..all the good things in life, in a nutshell. At the risk of sounding cliched (or too much like Reader's Digest!!!!) I must say that laughter is good medicine for the soul....I just read up a funny article online, and that makes my day..any day! A healthy sense of humor is necessary in today's high powered world, where there are constant pressures and demands to perform and prove oneself. This is the one thing that keeps me going..would love to hear what keeps you all going..is it laughter or something else? Happiness is truly the medicine for MY soul!

Keep smilin! :)

No comments: