..AND INSIDE LOOKING OUT (for music related posts, please follow the link 'My Jukebox' listed under the blogs on this site) :)

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Erratica by Bachi Karkaria-a review

Bachi Karkaria is one of my favorite journalists. I have grown up reading the Times of India and Ms. Karkaria's writing has been staple reading for me for most of my life. Her writing is creative, humorous and has a wit and style that I have found quite interesting to read. She is entertaining and informative. She is able to draw the reader into her world and to be concerned about whatever issue she is addressing in her column. I have often wondered how she writes the way she does. Her recent book 'Erratica' is a collection of her articles published over the years in the columns of the TOI. The book contains her observations on life, culture, politics and society. I have read the book several times over, and each time her writing still remains fresh and new like its the first time I am reading it. That, according to me, is a mark of a gifted writer.
Ms.Karkaria, here's looking forward to many more years of your incredible writing! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I have read the book several times over, and each time her writing still remains fresh"..you seem to be ageing:D